Pope: What does your heart desire?
"Train up your child in the way they he go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6
- The Parental Vocation: "Lord, help me to be faithful..." (Catholic.Net).
- "Child abuse and neglect may affect the long-term health and well-being of not only children, but also the adults they become" (National Institute of Medicine)
- Positive Parenting with a Plan - "All families are uniquely beautiful in their own way. Dr Johnson seeks to help families become as vibrant, functional, and healthy as possible" (Family-Rules.com).
- America's #1 Child Discipline Program - "1-2-3 Magic is the leading resource for parenting solutions that are easy-to-learn and proven to work. Developed by Dr. Thomas Phelan, a registered clinical psychologist" (1-2-3 Magic.com).
- Child Development and Community Based Resources
- Connect with Kids - Schools and community organizations nationwide use Connect with Kids multimedia programming online and on-site.
- Connect with Kids featuring Dr. Dan Siegel - "If you have children at home, isn't important to know who the brain works?"
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (Harvard Education: Early Childhood Brain Development)
- TVO Parents: Helping parents help their kids succeed in shool and life
- Be safe online (The Catholic Schools Office: Catholic Diocese of Wagga Wagga)
- FBI: A Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety: What Can You Do To Minimize The Chances Of An On-line Exploiter Victimizing Your Child?
- The Neuroscience of Internet Addiction
- WiredSafety.org - The largest and oldest online safety, education, and help group in the world.
- Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder (American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
- Psychologist Locator (American Psychological Association)
- The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Stress
- Managing Stress with the Help of Your Catholic Faith (Mary Lou Rosien)
- Be Still (Steven Curtis Chapman)
- Suicide risk factors in teens: Dr. Shashank Joshi of Stanford University
- Topic: Suicide - Should something be done to help someone you know? Get help 24/7 (www.SuicidePreventionlifeline.org)