I am Moved

I am moved...

Since you've been in my life, my darling little daughter, there is nothing else I need to make me happy.

I see your little toes, and I am moved...

I see your smile and the way you look at me, and again I am moved...

You are standing now with the aid of some nearby object.  And, usually that is with a good grip onto the kitchen chair, or the coffee table in the living room..

Or, if I'm lucky, you will find my pant leg the best place to finish as you find yourself tired from all this work; then look up at me and motion with your eyes for me to take you into my arms.

As you rock slowly back and forth, one side to the other, steadying yourself and trying to figure out how to stand on your own two feet, I feel I am doing the same emotionally.

I wish I could be the perfect dad for you, but I am not.  I am only moved to be your father...

I look forward to our time once again tomorrow, first greeting you with your "Daily 5" (a kiss on the forehead, then on your chin, next on your check and then the other, and to finish with one on your little nose), followed by breakfast, reading, play and "nappy time".  By then, our day is well underway and then adventures await us both...



Love,

Papa