Clothe yourselves with humility
in your dealings with one another, for:
God opposes the proud
but bestows favor on the humble.
So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that he may exalt you in due time.
Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you.
Be sober and vigilant.
Your opponent the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion
looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, steadfast in faith,
knowing that your brothers and sisters throughout the world
undergo the same sufferings.
The God of all grace
who called you to his eternal glory through Christ Jesus
will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you
after you have suffered a little.
To him be dominion forever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:5B-14
Suicide Prevention: A Parent's Perspective
Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
Domestic Violence Prevention
- Domestic Violence Prevention (playlist)
- When hurting at home, it shouldn't be painful to go to church too. Catholic women to create national network against domestic violence (USCatholic.org).
- WHAT IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- When I Call For Help: A Pastoral Response To Domestic Violence Against Women (USCCB)
- Safety Planning With Domestic Violence Victims and Their Children
Sometimes, What Children Don't Know (Love), Can Hurt Them
- Brain connections and your baby. Your role as a parent
- The Importance of Touch
- Romanian Orphans: Infant Massage Therapy for Romania's Abandoned Children
- "Most parents love their children, but many children do not feel loved" (G. Chapman) - 5 Love Languages of Children
- Prescription: More snuggle time. Less timeout. - The 5 Love Languages of Children (Book on Kindle and Audio)
Substance Abuse Treatment & Recovery
- Alcohol Abuse Screening Quiz - How Does Your Drinking Compare
- Calix and the Twelve Steps: Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous from a Catholic Perspective
- U.S. Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator - 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Free App: iTriage helps you answer the questions: “What medical condition could I have? and where to find help
Crisis Management & Suicide Prevention